I have been writing in journals for as long as I can remember. I love a good pen and a journal or notebook to write in. Do you like to write? I know there are a lot of people who do. There is something so therapeutic about writing something down.
Here are some things I have noticed when I look back on past journals I have written in.
- I usually laugh out loud at some point.
- I reach some clarity about my life.
- I don’t have the best handwriting.
- Most of the time how I was then is how I am now.
- I am by nature a positive person.
- I often write about how much I love my family.
- I write down things I hope will come true.
- I don’t write anything too embarrassing or hurtful.
- I’m thankful I took the time to write.
If you currently write, keep it up. If you don’t normally write, try it. You might be surprised at how good it feels to put down your many thoughts on paper. You can reach a clarity you might not otherwise.
Often times I wonder who I am writing to, and honestly, I think I am writing to myself. To me, it’s such a worthwhile thing to do. I hope you try it and enjoy it as well.